ARAPAHOE BAND BOOSTERS
Arapahoe Band Boosters (ABB) is the parent support organization for the instrumental/auxiliary students of Arapahoe High School. These groups include the marching band, jazz bands, ensembles, symphonic and concert bands, color guard, and banner carriers. ABB exists to encourage, promote, and support the band program and its activities and events; promotes cooperation among parents of instrumental/auxiliary students, the Arapahoe Band Director, Littleton Public Schools personnel and other interested parties within the community; encourages good performance and fair play; and creates an atmosphere of enthusiasm and pride in the accomplishments of the instrumental/auxiliary units at Arapahoe High School.
The Boosters meet at the school every 3rd Tuesday of each month in the band room at 6:30 P.M. unless there is a school conflict (see the calendar for official dates).
ALL parents are encouraged to attend the meetings and become a Booster. The Boosters largely fund our program and your support of this organization is necessary for continued success.
Here are a few helpful hints for parental participation in our program:
1. Support the activities of your students and become involved.
2. Please accept your child’s interest in the Band/Guard. This program helps to build solid citizens of high moral character with a sense of pride and responsibility.
3. Realize that the Director is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of each student. Any decision that is made is done with this as the first consideration.
4. No student is perfect. Discipline is a part of any society or school activity. For every action thereis a reaction. Support the structure of the Band/Guard and the actions of the Director. These actions have the future of your son/daughter at heart.
5. Please support your son/daughter by attending their activities, they really appreciate your involvement. Realize that the support you provide IS GREATLY APPRECIATED by the Director and the students.
6. Please Join the Band and Color Guard Boosters ACTIVELY. It takes an active Booster organization to provide the activities and equipment needed to do the job correctly. Do not be afraid to become involved. We need as many adults involved as possible.
7. Please participate in and volunteer for all fundraisers from our booster organization. All fundraisers help pay for our coaches and miscellaneous items of need. A detailed description of our fundraisers can be found on our website.